- Get To Know Us
- Sermons & Teachings
- Auxillary Ministry Sites
- News & Events
Are you considering becoming a member?
There are multiple ways to become a member of Bethlehem Lutheran Church.
- Baptism - Through baptism, a new believer enters into the body of the whole Christian Church.
- Confirmation - Students in 7th and 8th grade are encouraged to attend confirmation class. Adults, and those in 9th grade or higher are encouraged to attend the Adult Information Class.
- Re-Affirmation of Faith - Having received instruction in the Adult Information Class, a re-affirmation of faith can be made for those already baptized.
- Transfer - Members of another congregation of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod are welcomed as transfer members to Bethlehem Lutheran Church.
Will you give prayerful consideration?After completion of the Adult Information Class, you may become a member of Bethlehem Lutheran Church. There are some questions to which should give serious consideration when becoming a member of Bethlehem:
- Do you believe that you are a sinner in need of a Savior?
- Do you believe that Jesus Christ is that Savior?
- Do you agree with the teachings of this church given by God in Scripture and described in Luther’s Small Catechism?
- Are you ready to become involved in the life of this congregation through regular worship and Bible study?
- Do you believe Bethlehem is the place for you to respond to Christ’s love for you, through the giving of your time, talents, and treasures?
Adult Information Class
This class is offered to introduce the essential teachings of Scripture through study of Luther’s Small Catechism. Held during one intensive weekend session each quarter, the class is required for membership. Participation in the class does not necessarily mean you have to become a member of Bethlehem Lutheran Church. That is a decision you make upon understanding your relationship with Christ and determining if Bethlehem Lutheran Church is the best place for you to worship, be nurtured, and live out your life in Christ. Whether you become a member or not, please know that you are welcome to worship and study God’s Word with us at any time.
The primary text for this class is Luther’s Small Catechism. Please bring your book every week. A reading schedule is provided on the class schedule
Audio Online Recordings
If you miss one of the topics, you can listen online at our Audio Sermon's page. Simply select "Adult Information Class" in the Services drop down menu to reveal the various topics.