- Get To Know Us
- Sermons & Teachings
- Aux Ministry Sites
- News and Events
GET TO KNOW US
No Openings at this time.
Early Learning Center Administrator
The Early Learning Center Administrator position exists so that children starting at three years old receive a quality Christian education in an environment where their faith in Jesus Christ can be nurtured and grow. The Administrator is responsible for creating vision, program planning, and staffing for an exceptional Early Learning Center at Bethlehem.
The Person We Are Looking for
- Has a deep love for Jesus and a deep love for the people of God, especially preschool aged children
- Strengthens their faith through regular worship and Bible study
- Is willing to join Bethlehem Lutheran Church
- Is able to work well in a large team ministry setting and with the existing church leadership team
- Is self directed, and capable of creating a vision and expanding this area of ministry
- Is gifted in recruiting, training, and encouraging staff and lay leadership
- Is a strong educator
- Is a strong administrator
- Is teachable, flexible, and creative
- Is a champion of Christian Day School
Our Director Will
- Have a bachelor’s degree with major emphasis in child development, early childhood education, or early childhood special education.
- Be Synodically trained or will begin the Colloquy program within 2 years of starting job.
- Have 5 years professional experience in a related area.
- Be Director qualified.
- Bethlehem Beginnings Early Learning Center - 3 & 4 year old full and/or part-day education. (The facility has four classrooms and is licensed for 92 children at any given time.)
- Childwatch – Before and after school care for school-aged children ( 5 years through 8th grade), licensed and used by 100 students, about 60 students a day.
- Summer Camp – Full day camp for Early Learning Center and school-age children during the summer months, licensed and used by 150 students.
- Church Child Care – nursery during worship service, LifeLight, and other church related ministries.
- Create the vision for strong Early Childhood program under the vision and mission of the church and school.
- Facilitate and guide the Early Learning Center Advisory Board that consists of a VIT member, teacher, parents, and church member at large.
Supervision & Training of Staff
- Hire, train, and supervise Bethlehem Beginnings Early Learning Center staff, Childwatch, and church childcare staff, Childwatch Assistant Director.
- Develop and oversee annual management plans under the vision and mission created for Bethlehem, provide annual evaluation, training, and support to the teachers and staff in these areas.
- Create staff schedules for Childwatch and Early Learning Center.
- Maintain an active substitute roster, schedule, and contact as necessary.
- Maintain staff personnel files.
- Create relevant and challenging Professional Development opportunities for staff.
- Create a dynamic Bethlehem Beginnings Early Learning Center, Summer Camp, and Childwatch program.
Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
- Design and implement curriculum information nights for new and prospective families.
- Examine research trends and statistics in order to evaluate current practices.
- Maintain open dialogue with surrounding early childhood programs through observations.
- Provide curriculum, instruction, and assessment support to Early Learning Center teachers.
- Provide high quality communications through a variety of internal and external publications. (i.e. weekly ELC newsletter, weekly Paw Prints, weekly Church Bulletin, monthly Fully Alive, Lakewood Hub, and quarterly BLS News).
- Update BLS website to ensure accuracy and relevancy of information.
Admissions and Marketing
- Facilitate the pre-enrollment process from first point of contact through first day of school. (forms, tours, interviews, and classroom placement).
- Assist in planning of open houses and community events.
- Build and encourage Christ-centered families by providing programs, events, and training to meet the unique needs of the families who use our part-day and full-day programs.
Licensing and Accreditation
- Have expert knowledge and monitoring ability, of Colorado State Preschool rules and regulations.
- Supervise ongoing accreditation goal teams, provide yearly report to School Administrator, and lead Early Learning Center through accreditation renewal every five years.
- Offer programs that reach into the surrounding neighborhood, so that as many people as possible experience the fullness of life in Christ through our ELC.
- Intentionally bridge the ministries between Early Learning Center and school creating natural and likely transitions.
- Participate in staff activities including meetings, planning, RMD Conference, and fellowship.
- Coordinate ministry with other staff persons.
- Work closely in a team environment with the Principal, Director of Student Life, ELC Staff, Kindergarten teachers, and Accounting Assistant, in addition to other leadership staff in the ministry.
- Is active in seeking grants and other funding sources to support the program.
- Coordinates periodic fundraisers.
Budget Preparation and Management
- ·Successfully manage a $500,000 (Childwatch $200,000 and ELC $300,000) budget, in conjunction with the Day School VIT.
- ACCOUNTABLE TO: Day School Administrator and the School Vision Implementation Team (VIT)
- SUPERVISED BY: Day School Administrator
- SALARY: Based on Bethlehem pay scale considering education and related work experience. Benefits include employee coverage on health plan, sick, holiday, and vacation pay, tuition and Childwatch coverage for all children.